New Perspectives. Innovative Approach. Essential Topics. Flexible Formats.
We deliver resources that open up a world of new perspectives. See yourself creating success with your colleagues around the country—and elevating the housing industry to new heights.
- Improve management, sales and marketing skills and business performance.
- Earn recognition as a professional in the industry. Professional designations convey superior training, practical experience, and in-depth knowledge. These are key when contracts are being awarded or you are being hired for a new position in your career.
- Share knowledge and exchange ideas with colleagues.
SMC Education Series
The Sales and Marketing Council developed a rich curriculum of classes in 2016 to engage current and potential members and increase awareness of the New Home Constructions buying process. We want members to leave each class with a firm grip on the subject matter and the resources to learn more. This year, the SMC has expanded their class offering and now offer:
- Contract to Close – This class will cover the role & responsibilities of buyer’s representative when working with the buyer client on a new home construction purchase, the benefits of New Home Construction vs Resale, how to set Buyer Expectations. You will also get an in depth look at the elements of new-home construction purchase agreement, financing options and understand the steps & process from “Contract to Closing” on New Construction.
- Sticks & Bricks
- Appraisal Q&A – This class is a Q&A session with a local appraiser. Come prepared to ask questions and to gain a better understanding of what you can do if an appraisal comes in short of what you expected, you want to challenge an appraisal, you want to find out what features in a house weigh more in determining value.
- Underwriting Q&A
- Marketing for Small Businesses
To register for an upcoming class in the SMC Education Series, check out the Events Calendar and select the class you’d like to attend.
HBAR is happy to offer courses through NAHB Education which provide collaborative, dynamic professional development opportunities. They meet you where you are—no matter what your career stage, or the time you are able to commit; whether you need a basic framework or a complete course load. As a result, you’ll develop a network of resources to build your knowledge and help you draw a blueprint for success.
Learn more about classes offered by NAHB Education.